7th of December 2023 Login  
Store Wine Clubs Auctions Wine & Golf Recipe of the Day
About Us Contact Us Press Advertising Policies

Featured Wines

New Wine Jobs

Post/Edit Jobs

Independent Wine Ambassador
Boisset Collection
More Jobs...

Newest Events

Submit an Event

December event 2017
World Market Oktoberfest Celebration
Cost Plus World Market
Paso Wine BlendFest on the Coast
Test event
Lexus Grand Tasting at the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival
More Events...
Wine Guide > Red Car Wine Co. > Some Like It Red

more about Some Like It Red
Red Car Wine Co.

2001 Some Like It Red

2001 Some Like It Red “Right Bank” is our rather liberal interpretation of a St. Emilion. The wine is 88% Cabernet Franc from the San Marcos Vineyard in Paso Robles. Syrah makes up the remaining 12%. The wine spent 14 months in 40% new Seguin Moreau, Haut Brion barrels.

The color is a deep crimson. The aromatics open slowly, revealing Cuban tobacco leaf, red currant, crème de cassis, plum compote, and subtle oak. The mouth-feel is soft and velvety. The flavors are very rich with plum, more crème de cassis and vanilla. The finish on this lasts 40 seconds to a minute. With air, (and a bit decanter time to really start to shine) the damn thing smells so good it’s hard to get your nose out of the glass in order to get to the finish.

No reviews added

Add a review
Review Guidelines

Overall Score:

Your Name (not required):
First Impression (bottle, etc):
Look & general color of wine:
The aroma of the wine:
The flavor & finish of the wine:

Pairs great with:


200 characters max (not required)

Showcase Wineries

Zayante Vineyards (5)
Roudon-Smith Winery (6)

Featured Wines